Advanced Breast Cancer Database (ABCD) project
(1) Establish a nationwide advanced breast cancer registry in Japan
(2) Promote patient enrollment in ongoing trials for ABC by using patient information from the database
(3) Promote retrospective research for ABC by using the nationwide database
(4) Visualize a pattern of care and treatment for ABC in Japanese institutions.
(5) Establish a foundation for identifying eligible cases retrospectively and conducting research using residual specimens.
(6) Contribute to promote clinical research by using database information as basic data for future prospective clinical research. Entrust survey requests using this database based on a separate procedure.
(1) Age over 20 years old and historically confirmed Breast cancer.
(2) Confirmed metastatic or advance breast cancer after 1st Jan 2017.
(3) Informed consent is obtainable
Time to Treatment Failure
- Trial Period
From 1st Jan 2020 to 31st Dec 2029
- Lead Principal Investigator
Naoki Niikura（Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine）
Yasuaki Sagara（Department of Breast Oncology, Sagara Hospital）
Shigehira Saji（Department of Medical Oncology, Fukushima Medical University）
- Target Sample Size
Over 3000 registration
- Source of Funding
This project will be conducted through various public and private grants and donations.
- Conference Presentation
- Articles and Publications
- COI Disclosure